email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Date of Birth: 4 February 1986
- 2004-2009. Bachelor of Science (S. Si) in Biology, Andalas University
Thesis title: Identifikasi jejak dan tanda-tanda keberadaan berang-berang (Lutrinae) di area persawahan kecamatan Lubuk Alung kabupaten Padang Pariaman
- 2009-2011. Master of Science (M. Si) in Biology. Andalas University.
Thesis title : Ekologi makan berang-berang di area persawahan kabupaten Padang Pariaman
- 2014-2017. Doctor of Philosophy in Science. Graduate School of Natural Science & Technology. Kanazawa University. Japan
Dissertation title: Latrine-site use of small-clawed otters (Aonyx cinereus) in tropical rice fields
- 2011. Freelance lecturer of Vertebrate Taxonomy in Biology Education, State College of Islamic Studies Batusangkar, West Sumatra.
- 2011-2013. Freelance lecturer in Forestry Faculty, University of Muhammadiyah West Sumatra. Courses subject: Forest Measurement and Mapping, Forest Resource Planning.
- 2013-recent. Lecturer in Biology Department. Andalas University. West Sumatra
- Field Assistant. Ecology of Avian Community in Singgalang Mountain, West Sumatra. 2009-2010. Leader: M. Nazri Janra, M. Si
- Leader. Ecology and Conservation of Otter in West Sumatra. 2009-2010. Funded by Rufford Small Grants
- Team member. A Biological Assessment of the Angkola-Siondop Wilderness Forest Ecosystem, Northwestern Sumatra, Indonesia. 6-16 July 2010. Conservation International Indonesia.
- Team member. Species Inventory and potency of small mammals in Siberut National Park. 27 October-1 November 2010. Siberut National Park
- Team member. Rapid Assessment of biodiversity and environmental service in Nagari Guguk Malalo and Nagari Pakan Rabaa Timur. 16-27 February 2011. Darwin Initiative.
- Team member. Facilitating Avian Conservation in Post-logging Lowland Rainforest of Sumatra, Indonesia. 2010-2011. Funded by Conservation Leadership Programme. Leader: M. Nazri Janra
- Team member. Survey of biodiversity profile in the city: Solok, Padang Panjang and Pariaman. 2011. Local Government.
- Team member. Survey of biodiversity in HCV area of palm oil plantation in Central Kalimantan. 24 June – 5 July 2013. United Plantation
- Team Member. Morphological and behavioral testing for confirming speciation possibility amongst Stachyris populations in some localities in Central Sumatra. 2013-2014. Funded by International Foundation for Science. Leader: Muhammad Nazri Janra
- Leader. Ecology and conservation of small-clawed otter (Aonyx cinerea) in a human-disturbed landscape. 2015-2017
Grants and scholarships
- 2008. IDEA WILD. Small grant for field equipment ($400 US for making 10 otter traps)
- 2009. Rufford Small Grants. Ecology and Conservation of Otter in West Sumatra, Indonesia
- 2014. RISTEKDIKTI scholarship from the Indonesian Ministry of Research, Technology, and Higher Education. For Doctoral degree course in Kanazawa University, Japan
- 2015. Second Rufford Small Grants. The small-clawed otter (Aonyx cinerea) in a human-disturbed landscape: home range and conflict with fish farmers
- 2015. IDEA WILD. Small grant for field equipment (Receiver set and transmitters for telemetry studies of small-clawed otter
- 2016. Asian Student Sponsorship to attend the 13th International Otter Congress, Singapore
- 2017. Outstanding Young Scholars Award to attend INTECOL 2017 Beijing
- Aadrean, Salmah S, Salsabila A, Rizaldi, Janra MN. 2010. Tracks and other signs of otters in rice fields in Padang Pariaman, West Sumatra: a preliminary study. IUCN Otter Spec. Group Bull. 27(1): 6-11
- Aadrean, Novarino W, Jabang. 2011. A record of small clawed otters (Aonyx cinereus) foraging on an invasive pest species, golden-apple snail (Pomacea canaliculata) in a West Sumatra Rice field. IUCN Otter Spec. Group Bull. 28(1):34-38
- Aadrean. 2013. An Investigation of Otters Trading as Pet in Indonesian Online Markets. Jurnal Biologika. 2(1):1-6
- Aadrean, Kanchanasaka B, Heng S, Lubis IR, deSilva P, Olsson A. 2015. Lutra sumatrana. The IUCN Red List of Threatened Species 2015: e.T12421A21936999. http://dx.doi.org/10.2305/IUCN.UK.2015-2.RLTS.T12421A21936999.en
- Aadrean, Yunis M. 2015. Berang-berang dalam sosial masyarakat Sumatera Barat. Proceedings of Seminar Nasional Biodiversitas dan Ekologi Tropika Indonesia (BioETI) 3
- Aadrean, Usio N. 2017. Small-clawed otters (Aonyx cinereus) in Indonesian rice fields: latrine site characteristics and visitation frequency. Ecological Research. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11284-017-1496-6
Poster and oral presentations in seminars and conferences
- Berang-berang dalam sosial masyarakat Sumatera Barat. Oral presentation. Seminar Nasional Biodiversitas dan Ekologi Tropika Indonesia. Padang, 19 September 2015
- Small-clawed otters in Indonesian rice fields: Latrine-site characteristics and visitation rates. Poster presentation. The 63rd Annual Meeting of The Ecological Society of Japan. Sendai Japan, 22 March 2016
- Small-clawed otters (Aonyx cinerea) in Indonesian rice fields: Latrine-site characteristics and visitation rates. Oral presentation. The 13th International Otter Congress, Singapore, July 5 th 2016
- Rice fields as a habitat for the small-clawed otter (Aonyx cinereus). Oral presentation. The 81st Annual Meeting of the Japanese Society of Limnology. Okinawa Japan, 5 November 2016
- Small-clawed otters (Aonyx cinereus) in Indonesian rice fields: Latrine site characteristics and visitation rates. Oral presentation. The 64rd Annual Meeting of The Ecological Society of Japan. Tokyo Japan, 16 March 2017
- Latrine-Site Use of Small-Clawed Otters (Aonyx cinereus) in Tropical Rice Fields: Effects of Landscape and Local Environmental Factors. Oral presentation. INTECOL Congress 12th Beijing, China. 22 August 2017
- 2006-2007. Coordinator of Scientific Division in Biology Student Association of Andalas University.
- 2007-2008. Chairman of Biology Student Association of Andalas University.
- 2008-2017. Student member of IUCN/SSC Otter Specialist Group.
- 2011-recent. Member of Supportive Environments for the Region’s Otters (SERO).
- 2012-2017. Species contact for Lutra sumatrana. IUCN/SSC Otter Specialist Group.
- 2015-2017. Student member of Ecological Society of Japan (ESJ)
- 2016-2017. Student member of Japanese Society of Limnology (JSL)
- 2017-recent. Member of IUCN/SSC Otter Specialist Group
- 2017-recent. Species contact for Aonyx cinereus, IUCN/SSC Otter Specialist Group
- 2017-recent. Student member of British Ecological Society (BES)